BioZoneGlobal is aware of and committed to its responsibilities to our environment. To this end we have adopted an environmental statement to outline our aims:
BioZoneGlobal has always made a concerted effort to positively impact the facilities where we do business around the world. An important example of our efforts in this area is superior product design and reliable quality in our equipment to increase working productivity and longevity. In addition to including our commitment to comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations, BioZoneGlobal’s environmental policy also recognizes that reducing the environmental impact of our products and operations is an important part of the value we deliver to our customers.
- Today, BioZoneGlobal remains fully committed to achieving environmental excellence and to working with our clients and suppliers to meet or exceed the environmental commitments summarized below.
- Concerted effort to design superior quality, high performance, and energy-efficient products to customers’ satisfaction.
- Accomplish the goal of effective environmental pollution prevention during design/development/manufacturing process of our products.
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations; fulfill our voluntary environmental commitments; and operate our facilities with all necessary environmental permits, approvals and operational controls.
- Design our products to be reliable for people to increase working productivity to reduce their carbon footprint.
For example: Our SmartRack series is designed to save energy. It uses less electrical power than any other IVC on the market. The two main design features, which contribute to saving energy, are:
- Our supply and exhaust manifolds are low pressure compared to other IVC systems on the market. We use low pressure and balance the air-flow to each cage by adjusting openings in our diffusers. Other systems use high pressure and balance air-flow by pushing the air through a small hole in each cage. Creating this high pressure requires more energy consumption from the fans, than is required in our SmartRack range.
- The size of our HEPA filters was increased by a large extent when we introduced the SmartRack series. Thus allowing the use of much more energy efficient fans, hence requiring less electrical consumption.
Recycling of Stainless Steel
Our Stainless steel products are designed for a long life – typically several decades. Indeed, this was an important factor in BioZoneGlobal selecting stainless steel as the predominant material for our Racks in the first place.
However, there will come a time when the product has reached the end of its useful life: such as the product still functions well but the design is out-dated; or by technological redundancy e.g. the product is replaced by a more efficient technology; or by product failure e.g. some part of the equipment fails because of eventual corrosion.
In many of these cases, the stainless steel has suffered little degradation and still contains the high value of the initial alloying elements such as chromium, nickel and molybdenum. This makes it a valuable source of those constituents to the stainless steel producer and a high proportion of material going into the melting furnace is usually recycled. Therefore there are well-established systems to collect and recycle stainless steel. This includes trimmings and other scrap, which arise during manufacturing of stainless steel products.
This ready recyclability is one of the contributions that BioZoneGlobal’s use of Stainless Steel makes to sustainable development
BioZoneGlobal encourages its employees to Reduce, Re-use, Repair, Re-cycle – at the forefront of everything we do in order to live greener lives at work and home. We would also encourage environmental best practice amongst our clients.
We recognise that our work may have a direct or indirect effect on the local, regional and global environment. We are committed to reducing any harmful effects on the environment and promoting the understanding of sustainability in its broadest context.
We are continually improving the way we work to be more environmentally friendly in what we use and produce.